engels boekje over steppenvaraan (pdf gratis)

Reptielenboeken
Forumregels
Reptielenboeken

Informatie

In dit forum vindt je een overzicht van reptielenboeken met uitgebreide informatie en recensies.

Boek toevoegen

Voel je vrij om zelf ook boeken toe te voegen. Gebruik daarbij bij voorkeur de standaard opmaak, en de upload functie voor een afbeelding.

Recensie schrijven

Alleen reacties in de vorm van recensies worden gewaardeerd. Voel je vrij om een onderbouwd oordeel op te stellen en te plaatsen over een gelezen boek.

engels boekje over steppenvaraan (pdf gratis)

Berichtdoor GerritH » 28 nov 2014 10:01

Oud maar toch ... gratis boekje is nooit verkeerd :-"

Hello. Eleven years ago I read a book about savannah monitors by Robert Sprackland that was so inexplicably awful I felt obliged to write one myself. With coauthor Ravi Thakoordyal, we tried to explain what was known about savannah monitors in the wild and how they should be cared for in captivity. Not surprisingly the book only made it into a handful of pet stores (bad for business) and was ignored by all the reptile magazines (bad for business). The book is now ten years old and has sold rather less than 3000 paper copies and a few hundred ebook copies. All the profits from sales of the book went towards a non-intrusive study of Varanus olivaceus on Polillo Island in the Philippines. I'm very grateful to everybody who supported it, and now it's time to start giving it away. You can download the book free of charge from

http://library.mampam.com/BOKBOOK-MAXop ... nal-V2.pdf
Wachtwoord: 843682Exportedbok

If you like it please feel free to share the file and password with your friends. If you really like it you can send us a donation (via mampam.com) towards a new study of wild savannah monitors that will commence in 2014. If you think it's no good please go and study savannah monitor lizards yourself or breed them in captivity and correct our mistakes. That's how mankind progresses. Thanks, Daniel.

Link to my review of Robert Sprackland's book from 2002 - http://www.mampam.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=65

Oud maar goed (wel engels)

Gerrit
John Cleese on stupid people; "You have to be relatively intelligent to realise how stupid you are"
Conclusie; de echt domme mensen zijn te dom om dat zelf in te kunnen inzien; iets wat discussies aanmerkelijk moeilijker maakt.
GerritH

Waardering: 244
Heeft bedankt: 1
ID: 1951
Land: Nederland

Re: engels boekje over steppenvaraan (pdf gratis)

Berichtdoor martijns » 27 jul 2015 19:28

Even een kleine voetnoot over het aantreffen van knaagdieren of zoogdieren in de maag van v. Exanthematicus en wat dat betekent voor het voeren van muizen in gevangenschap. http://www.varanustalk.com/forum/iframer4.php?page=mice
martijns

Waardering: 0
Heeft bedankt: 0
ID: 5076
Land: Nederland

Keer terug naar Literatuur